Wednesday, October 10, 2012

CiscoVPN connection through NetworkManager

Subj.
Having Cisco VPN which I'd like I really need to have connection to. Having a valid .pcf certificate exported/found by somebody some time.

What I had to install to make a connection creatable (using Arch, of course):
vpnc - client for Cisco VPN Concentrators
networkmanager-vpnc - NetworkManager VPN plugin for vpnc
# pacman -S vpnc networkmanager-vpnc

What I had to do to make it working. Network Manager won't save passwords (looks like a bug in NM, there are many links in Google referencing to this issue). The solution was found here, I borrowed the following:
open /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/your_connection_file
change
IPSec secret-flags=1 to IPSec secret-flags=0
Xauth password-flags=3 to Xauth password-flags=0
add
[vpn-secrets]
Xauth password=your_pasword
IPSec secret=group_password

Voila!

No comments: